University of Crete
Department of Sociology
741 00 Rethymno, Greece
e-mail: zamba at uoc.gr
Office hours: to be announce with the beginning of the teaching classes
- 1994 Ph. D. Sociology, New York University – NYU. Dissertation title: “State Labor Relations and the Transition to Democracy in Greece”
- 1987 M.A. Sociology, New York University – NYU.
- 1984 Β.Α. Sociology and History (Joint Honours) State University of New York-SUNY.
- Since 2001 she teaches at the department of Sociology, University of Crete
- Labour relations and forms of intermediation
- Labour Unions and Interest Groups
- Southern European Societies
- Wellfare State, social policy and employment
- S. Zambarloukou (2020) “Interst Politics ”, in Featherstone K. & Sotiropoulos D. (eds), The Oxford Handbook on Modern Greek Politics, Oxford Handbooks, Oxford University Press, 2020, pp.384-99.
- S. Zambarloukou (2015) «Greece after the Crisis: Still a South European Welfare Model?» European Societies, 17(5).
- S. Zambarloukou and M. Kousis (eds) Κοινωνικές Όψεις της Κρίσης στην Ελλάδα (Social Aspects of the Crisis in Greece), Athens: Pedio Publisher (forthcoming).
- S. Zambarloukou (2012) “La crisi economica e le relazioni industriali in Crecia” (Economic crisis and industrial relations in Greece) Giornale di Dirirro Del Lavoro e di Relazioni Industriali, 135 (3): 401-412.
- S. Zambarloukou (2012) «Unions and Labour Market Organization in Greece» in P. Liargovas (ed) Greece: Economics, Political and Social Issues, Hauppaugen, NY: Nova Publishers.
- S. Zambarloukou (2010) “Ownership, Corporate Governance and Industrial Relations in the Banking and Telecommunications Sectors: Τhe case of Greece”, Industrial Relations Journal, 41(3): 233-248.
- S. Zambarloukou (2007) “Is there a South European Model of Post- industrial Employment?”, South European Society and Politics, 12(4) :425-442.
- S. Zambarloukou (2006), “Collective Bargaining and Social Pacts: Greece in Comparative Perspective”, European Journal of Industrial Relations, 12(2): 211-229.