Assistant Professor in Quantitative Methods in Sociology and Social Demography
University of Crete
Department of Sociology
74100 Rethymno Greece
E-mail: kaloge at uoc.gr
Office hours: to be announce with the beginning of the teaching classes
- 1998 BSc Statistics (Department of Statistics, Athens University of Economic and Business, Greece)
- 2002 M.A Sociology with Research Training (Department of Sociology, University of Reading, UK)
- 2007 Ph.D Sociology (Thesis: The effects of culture on teenage drug taking: Cross-national differences between the UK, Sweden and Greece) (Department of Sociology, University of Reading, UK)
Since 2008, she teaches in the Department of Sociology at the University of Crete. Her course topics include: Social Statistics, Quantitative Methods in Sociology, Social Demography, Applied Social Research.
Fields of academic interests
- Comparative social research
- Questionnaire design and measurement error
- Social demographic analysis
- Mixed methods in social science research
- Kousis, M., Kalogeraki, S. & Cristancho, C. (Guest editors) (2018) Alternative Action Organizations during Hard Economic Times: A Comparative European Perspective. Special Issue in American Behavioral Scientist.
- Kalogeraki, S. (Guest editor) (2018) Socio-political Responses during Recessionary Times in Greece. Special issue in PArtecipazione e COnflitto (PACO)
- Kalogeraki, S. (2018) Volunteering for refugees and asylum seekers in Greece. In C. Lahusen & M. Grasso (eds.) Solidarity in Europe. Citizens’ Responses in Times of Crisis (pp.169-194). Cham, Switzerland: Palgrave Publications.
- Kalogeraki, S. (2018) Experiences of the economic crisis: Volunteering in social solidarity networks during the recession in Greece. In M. Giugni & M. Grasso (eds.) Citizens and the Crisis. Experiences, Perceptions, and Responses to the Great Recession in Europe (pp. 165-186). Houndmills: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Kalogeraki, S. & Kousis, M. (eds.) (2015) Research Practices and Methodological Challenges in Studying Economic Crisis’ Social Impacts. Greek Sociological Review (vol.2-3). Athens: Epikentro (in Greek).
- Kalogeraki, S. (2010) Introduction to Social Demography. Athens: Gutenberg (in Greek).