Assistant Professor in the field of ” Sociology of Industrial Relations ‘
University of Crete – Department of Sociology
741 00 Rethymno
Tel : +302831077479
e-mail: karakichr at uoc.gr
Office hours: to be announce with the beginning of the teaching classes
- Β.Α. Diploma in Social Policy and Social Anthropology , Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences (1996).
- M.Sc. D.E.A. ” Human Resources Development “, CNAM (Conservatoire National des Arts et des Metiers) ( Paris , France) ( 1997).
- Ph.D. in Sociology , University of Paris 1 ( Paris , France) ( 2002).
At the University of Crete/ Department of Sociology
- Since 2015 : Permanent Assistant Professor in Sociology of Industrial Relations
- 2011-2015 : Assistant Professor in Sociology of Industrial Relations
- 2007- 2011 : Lecturer in Sociology of Industrial Relations
- 2003 -2007 : Adjunct Lecturer (PD 407/1980)
At the Hellenic Open University
- Since 2005: Adjunct academic staff. Undergraduate course studies in European Civilization/ Special Topics in European Civilization (EPO 42)
- Industrial relations
- Trade unionism
- Sociology of work
- Unemployment and job insecurity
- Psychosocial risks in the workplace
- Sociology of professions
- Artistic professions
- Karakioulafi, C. “European social dialogue: representation institutions and categories of interventions. Proposals to upgrade the role of GSEVEE”. Athens : IME-GSEVEE. (in Greek), 2020.
- (with Kanellopoulos, K.) “Triggering Solidarity Actions towards Contingent Workers and the Unemployed. The Point of View of Grassroots Trade Unionists and Labour Activists”. PArtecipazione e COnflitto, 11(1), 121-144. 2019.
- Karakioulafi, C. “Unions and Labour Solidarity: Pending between Inclusiveness and Exclusiveness – The Case of Greek Trade Unions”. In Christodoulou, M. & Spyridakis, M. (eds.), Emotions, Temporalities and Working-Class Identities in the 21st Century, New York : Nova Publishers, 2019.
- Karakioulafi, C. “Unemployment Experiences and Coping Strategies of the Unemployed in Crisis-Ridden Greece”. In : Voskeritsian, H., Kapotas, P. and Niforou, C. (ed.), Greek employment relations in crisis, Oxford, Routledge, pp. 157-183, 2019.
- Karakioulafi, C.”Living with precariousness and unemployment in times of crisis in Greece”. In : Arborio, A.M., Bouffartigue, P. et Lamanthe, A., (eds.), Crisis and worlds of work. Toulouse, Octares, pp. 99-112. (in French), 2018.
- Karakioulafi, C. “Industrial relations in the vortex of the European Union’s ‘new economic governance’. In Serdedakis N., & Tobazos S., (eds.) Aspects of the Greek crisis. Athens: Gutenberg, 2018, p. 68-106. (in Greek)
- Karakioulafi, C. “Experiences of unemployment in times of crisis in Greece among young people and women” (special issue: Work and crisis: Southern Europe, a laboratory? ), Sociologia del lavoro, pp. 195-211., 2017 (in French)
- Karakioulafi, C. & Spyridakis, M. (eds.) Society, Unemployment and Social Reproduction. Athens: Gutenberg, 2017. (in Greek)
- Karakioulafi, C. (with M.Spyridakis, et al..), Unemployment and job precariousness. Dimensions and consequences in times of crisis, Athens : INEGSEE, 2014. (in Greek)
- Karakioulafi, C. Industrial Relations : Theoretical approaches and empirical issues Athens: Papazisis, 2012. (in Greek)
- Karakioulafi, C. “When the job is killing ” : the example of suicides at France Telecom and sociological interpretations of psychosocial risks in the workplace”, Utopia, no 101, November-December, 2012. (in Greek)
- Karakioulafi, C. «It is both art and profession’ : Conceprions of artistic work – the example of the actors in Greece ,” Review of Social Research, Issue 137-138 A’ -B ‘, p.113 – 140, 2012. (in Greek)