Assistant Professor in Sociological Theory
University of Crete
Department of Sociology
74100 Rethymno Greece
e-mail:romanos at uoc.gr
- PhD in Political Science (Social and Political Theory), University of Essex, Great Britain,
- Master of Arts in History and Philosophy of Social and Political Science, University of Essex, Great Britain,
- Postgraduate Diploma in Political Science, University of Essex, Great Britain,
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, School of Law, National University of Athens.
- 2002-2005, 2008-today: Department of Sociology, University of Crete.
- 2003-today: Hellenic Open University.
- Social and Political Theory
- Sociology and Philosophy of Modernity
- Epistemology of Social Sciences
- Psychoanalysis and Theory of Language
- Transcending the Agency-Structure Dualism: from Saussure to Derrida and Foucault
- Imaginary Significations and the Construction of Social Identity
- The Question of the Relationship between Social Structure and Social Agency.
- Labor and Emancipation: Marx and Arendt.
- The Living Seizes the Dead? Structure, Agency and Subjectivity in Pierre Bourdieu.