Assistant Professor in Quantitative Methods in Sociology and Social Demography
University of Crete
Department of Sociology
74100 Rethymno Greece
E-mail: kaloge at uoc.gr
- 1998 BSc Statistics (Department of Statistics, Athens University of Economic and Business, Greece)
- 2002 M.A Sociology with Research Training (Department of Sociology, University of Reading, UK)
- 2007 Ph.D Sociology (Thesis: The effects of culture on teenage drug taking: Cross-national differences between the UK, Sweden and Greece, Department of Sociology, University of Reading, UK)
Since 2008 she teaches in the Department of Sociology of the School of Social Sciences of the University of Crete undergraduate and postgraduate courses related to quantitative methods of social research and social demography.
Fields of academic interests
- Quantitative methods of social research
- Design/Construction of social research questionnaires
- Social demography (focusing on migration)
- Comparative (cross-national/cross-cultural) social surveys
- Applications of mixed methods in social research
- Kalogeraki, S. (2020). Designing and Constructing Questionnaires in Social Research. Athens: Kritiki (in Greek).
- Kalogeraki, S. (2020). Alternative action organizations across different welfare and third sector regimes during hard economic times. Journal of Civil Society, 16(2): 120-137. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/17448689.2020.1769327
- Kalogeraki, S. (2020). A mixed method approach on Greek civil society organizations supporting migrants during the refugee crisis. Journal of International Migration and Integration, 21, 781-806. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s12134-019-00689-6
- Kousis, M., Kalogeraki, S. & Cristancho, C. (Guest editors) (2018). Alternative Action Organizations during Hard Economic Times: A Comparative European Perspective. Special Issue in American Behavioral Scientist.
- Kalogeraki, S. (Guest editor) (2018). Socio-political Responses during Recessionary Times in Greece. Special issue in PArtecipazione e COnflitto (PACO).
- Kalogeraki, S. & Kousis, M. (Eds). (2015). Research Practices and Methodological Challenges in Studying Economic Crisis’ Social Impacts. Greek Sociological Review (vol.2-3). Athens: Epikentro (in Greek). Kalogeraki, S. (2010). Introduction to Social Demography. Athens: Gutenberg (in Greek)
- Kalogeraki, S. (2010). Introduction to Social Demography. Athens: Gutenberg (in Greek)